Everyday the lives of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples are pierced by injustices, discrimination and racism.
Australia has not yet wrestled with the truth of our shared history. Since 1770 First Nations peoples have been tormented by dispossession of their land, culture, language, and autonomy. They have suffered and been forsaken their voices. Children are being taken from their parents, thrown into detention, and are dying too young.
Together, we face a significant moment to pursue a society where justice for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples can be a blessing to the nation.
When you give to Listen to the Heart campaign your donation can help promote a constitutionally enshrined Voice to Parliament and help bring forth justice in these lands.
Your donation will be used to:
- Inspire people to listen deeply to First Nations leaders.
- Provide educational and theological resources to understand the importance of the Voice to Parliament referendum.
- Train and mobilise churches to engage their communities with supporting the ‘Yes’ vote.
- Continue pursuing National Truth-Telling and Treaty-making processes.
- Advocating to the government to raise the age of criminal responsibility to 14 in line with international standards.
Your support is needed today to pursue justice, healing, and flourishing for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.