There are a range of resources shared and produced by other organisations that provide help in responding to FAQ’s around the Indigenous Voice to Parliament.
- 'How do the ‘yes’ and ‘no’ cases stack up? Constitutional law experts take a look', article published in The Conversation
- Uluru Statement from the Heart FAQs
- From to the Heart FAQs, as well as a short (20 min) course, 'Indigenous Constitutional Recognition through a Voice', to help you explore what is meant by Indigenous Constitutional Recognition through a Voice – and what a Voice to Parliament is, and is not. You will also learn why a Referendum is required to make it happen.
- Guardian Article, ’What is the Indigenous voice to parliament and how would it work?’, first published 22 August 2022
- Edmund Rice Centre: The Uluru Statement from the Heart Discussion Resource Kit - 6 October 2022
- Reflection on the 2022 'The Voice and the Church' conference held by Scarred Tree Ministries at St John's Glebe on 22 October. Read here.
- Australian National University (ANU), Responding to Common Concerns about an Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Voice First Nations Portfolio
- Monash University, Voice to Parliament: Debunking 10 myths and misconceptions
- SBS, Voice Referendum portal, for access to news, information and multilingual resources about the Indigenous Voice to Parliament Referendum from across the SBS network, including National Indigenous Television(NITV)
Christian Responses to the Voice referendum
- Rev Tim Costello Essay, 'Voice referendum a chance for Australia’s church to take a stand for justice', Sight Rev Magazine
- Rev Michael Jensen, 'The Voice: A Christian Consideration', published in The Gospel Coalition
- Rev Andrew Errington, 'Hearing a Generous Voice', Ethos
- Rev Mike Frost, 'Yes, Yes, Yes. Let’s recognise First Nations Peoples in our Constitution'
- ‘Finding the Heart of a Nation: Journey of the Uluru Statement through Voice, Treaty and Truth’ by Thomas Mayor, published October 2019.
- ‘Everything You Need to Know About the Uluru Statement from the Heart’ by Megan Davis, George Williams, published June 2021
- 'Truth Telling' by Henry Reynolds, 2021
Church and Small Group Study Resources
- Anglican Board of Mission - A Voice in the Wilderness, Study Guide
- UCA Synod of Victoria and Tasmania - Statement from the Heart Study Guide
- Pilgrim Uniting Church, Adelaide - VOICE TREATY TRUTH -Uluru Statement from the Heart - SYMPOSIUM & WORKSHOP 4 MARCH 2022. Watch videos by Rev Dr Chris Budden and Rev Dr (Aunty) Denise Champion
- Roman Catholic and Uniting Church dialogue in South Australia - 'Crying Out – A Response to Exploring the Statement from the Heart and Care for the Environment'.
- National Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Catholic Council (NATSIC) - One Journey, Together website and Catholic Social Teachings discussion guide
- Prayers shared by Safina Stewart and Meredith Walker-Harding at the first Listen to the Heart online gathering available here.
Do you have further resources you have found helpful and would like to share with us? Please get in touch with us at [email protected]